Monday, November 30, 2009

Things I Bought That I Love

If I could one day have an awesome blog that I don't update nearly enough because I'm on the writing team of an NBC comedy while putting together my very own show? I would be soooo happy.

Photobucket

I'd also like Mindy Kaling's Subtle Sexuality

I'm fairly happy now. The last little while has been a good one. And it's about time I got you caught up on it, wouldn't you say? You would?! Well, I'll be...

Από που ν' αρχίσω; Όχι. Σοβαρά. Από που; Να τα πάμε χρονολογικά; Ή να το παίξω πιο αβάν'τ γκαρντ και να το πάρουμε με φλάσμπακς και φλασφόρουαρντζ; Άσχετο: το ΦλασΦόρουαρντ το'χετε δει; Το βλέπετε; Είδα το πρώτο -συμπαθές ήταν- αλλά ξέμεινα εκεί, δε με κράτησε. Λάθος;

As HIMYM has taught us, there's no way to go wrong with a list, so let's start there:

Things I Bought That I Love
  1. The course - $4,500.00
  2. Smiley Face wine - $9.99
  3. Half a ham - $14.25
1. This one's pretty self-explanatory. The normal bouts of doubts and whining aside -which, really, come with the Me package- it's working out well. I'm progressing, I'm a bit ahead of the game and I've been told time and again that my note-giving's really good. I would go into detail of how my praises were sung in the particular department but that'd only serve to make me sound like even more of a douche than I actually am. Suffice it to say that the three years working in Greece did not go to waste. Wheee!

Οκέη, οκέη... Μου 'πανε δατ άη ώλουεηζ γκέτ ράητ του δε χαρτ οφ δε μάτερ κι ότι δεν υπάρχει κανείς άλλος μες στο γούορκσοπ μου που να μπορεί να δώσει φήντμπακ τόσο καλά όσο εγώ. Γαμάτο, έτσι; Αν μη τι άλλο αν το τετοιάκι σεναριογράφος δε βγει υπάρχει και μια εναλλακτική.

2. Speaking of which. Here's some wheee in a bottle. Not wee. That comes later.


Photobucket
Wheee!

Νοστιμότατο στα δέκα δολάρια το μπουκάλι αλλά η πραγματική του αξία βρίσκεται αλλού όπως 5 από σας πρέπει να ψυλλιαστήκατε. Όταν το 'δα στα ράφια του Τρέηντερ Τζο'ς δε θα μπορούσε να 'ναι πιο έντονο σύμβολο. Μέχρι να συνειδητοποιήσω τι έβλεπα είχα κάνει αναδρομή σε όλο μου το καλοκαίρι. Είχα μελαγχολήσει και χαρεί επτά φορές κι όταν επανήλθα σκέφτηκα πόσο μινιμαλιά είναι η ετικέτα και... πώς να μην το πάρω;

3. There was plenty of wheee on Thanksgiving. Two red bottles' worth, plus a sixpack of something or other. And so much food: Baked beans, mashed potatoes, meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, New Yorker's Greek salad and that half a ham. The crowning achievement of a kingly meal, the half a ham was carefully cured with a brown sugar and crushed pineapple glaze. Can't you just taste it?


Photobucket
King Ham

Λουκούμι! Εντωμεταξύ, δεν ξέρω σε πόση λεπτομέρεια μπορώ να μπω για τους εκεί παρευρισκόμενους. Απ' τη μία, τα Ελληνικά προσδίδουν μια λεπτή λωρίδα κάλυψης. Απ'την άλλη, ποτέ δεν ξέρεις ποιος από τους νέους μου συμμαθητές μπορεί να χτυπήσει
το μπλογκ μέσω Φέησ-μπούκ. Βάλε και κάναν τυχαίο φίλο συμμαθητού να 'ναι Έλληνας ή ήμι-Έλληνας και άντε μετά να εξηγήσαι. Και με την ακροαματικότητα του
Κάηντα Γκρέητ Γκάη συνειδητοποιείτε είναι πολύ πιθανό. Ας πούμε απλά λοιπόν ότι είχα και καλή παρέα...

Imagine if you will, yourself nearly having melded with the comfy couch. That delicious hunk o'ham sitting on the coffee table. You cut off a new slice whenever your stomach manages to digest even the tiniest bit of what you've previously put in it. Aliens plays on the huge-ass widescreen TV. And as the Xenomorph Queen menaces über-hot '80s Sigourney-Waver, you think "You know what? I actually am quite thankful this year. Definitely better off than Ripley" And then you burp.

Photobucket
Queen Hungry

And then there's apple pie and ice cream.

Καλά, δεν περιγράφονται τα Αμερικάνικα πάηζ!

Sugary delight for $18.95.

Ααααχ...

So, how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment