Monday, November 2, 2009

Chew!

I flew today. Various crappy things happened, also. We went to Universal Studios today. That was of the good. It was Kelly's last day today. That's a bit of a mood killer rounding up a streak of brilliant days.

Spending these past few days with Kelly, some random things popped in my head. More often than not they would be the same things that popped in Kelly's and we'd say them at the same time and laugh -oh, how we'd laugh!

But, apart from starring in a tampon commercial, we also roamed. We went to Hollywood Boulevard and Venice Beach and the aforementioned Studios. In our 5 days together I've seen more of this city than I have in my 2 months here.

And, on our sightseeing tours, I had a great time. Relaxed and groovy, full enough but not too much, our days were. It was nice: the thinking in tandem and speaking in sync (mostly about cigarettes). It was very comfortable. Very Home.

Not that I wasn't grumpy when I got hungry or did not shut down at the end of a long day. To be honest, that's probably what proves the theory that I felt at home. I can only hope that Kelly's used to her house being filled with surly people.

Trips are weird things. Vacation Versus Holiday has rocked many a friendship. But for me it was good and at the end of the month I'll eat a whole turkey and burp out just how thankful I am for Kelly's visit to LaLa Land.

The Random Things That Popped In My Head:
  1. I need to write here more often.
  2. I need to write here more concisely.
  3. I need to write for the course more often.
  4. I need to stop using the "pressure makes me write better" logic to procrastinate.
  5. Yes, even if it's true.
  6. Man, I love Wendy's!

A 16-year-old boy was got a head injury during a football game. He was in a coma today. Another, younger one, got away with just a concussion. A third disappeared. All these things happened, right here, in L.A..

From my list of randoms probably nothing will come to pass. Except that I always have and always will love Wendy's. Do you remember how their buns taste?

They have this special taste. They're more like natural bread and less at the same time. Their meat is meatier, their lettuce lettucier. Their ketchup less like water. When you bite into that triple (oh yeah!) decker burger the pleasure is sublime.

But then you hit those little bits of fat, or whatever the fuck they are. They feel like they so shouldn't be there. Are they... bones? WTF are they doing in your burger? That's not how it's supposed to be.

But there they are and they make you feel sick to your stomach. That's how the process starts, that takes you from the high of eating fast food to the low of digesting it. What can you do but take both in?

That's how it is. The delicious patty is ridden with little fatty bone fragments. And you can't be mad at them, 'cause they just are. They are just there, part of the fabric. Waiting to play out. It's just that sometimes they come out in clusters.

Just roll with it. Chew!

Today, meaning yesterday -meaning the 1st of this November, 2009- Qian Xuesen died at 98; he was a rocket scientist. I flew today.


Photobucket

And I got blisters today from my new shoes. See? It's a mix.

2 comments:

  1. you made me cry you know that? really! :D

    xoxo
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You flatter me :D But this is why I was sleeping in the car, this morning! I was up 'til 5 for this.

    Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete