Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beardblog #16

21/01/2010 - 7:36:00 a.m.
Alas, poor Beardick! The joy he felt five hours hence, knows now to have been caffeine.

Photobucket

I lie here, staring at the screen a 7:49 in the morning (that's how long it took to write that one first sentence, by the way). Kimber's just gone and SPOILER jumped off a boat on Nip/Tuck, to her presumed death /SPOILER. Which means I'm at the end of my Wednesday TV cycle -'cause Nip/Tuck goes last- because, during Nip/Tuck, I don't care if I fall asleep. But I haven't.

It was probably the tea. Jasmine green boba tea with that chicken katsu curry. IdolFamilyCougarBetty didn't do the trick. Maybe the episodes were too good this week. Some in bad ways (Idol), some good (the rest). And have you been watching Ugly Betty this season?

If there were ever a show for which the expression "firing on all cylinders" was designed it is this one, right now. Strong storylines, effective emotionally-based twists. Consistently character-driven but constantly surprising and still so genuine. Finally using all its cast to their full potential! Fun. Funny. Simply... beautiful.

Yes. I went there.

But did I-- Did I have a point? Somewhere? What was happening? It's 8:03. Still in the morning. Oh, yeah. Fucking tea. Fuck you, tea! I should have realised having not had caffeine in something close to a year would lead to this. I should've figured out jasmine green boba tea would act like crack cocaine.

But nooooooooooo. Seems I've gotten too used to taurine -too many tequila red bulls- and now caffeine makes me crahaaaayzee. So, I lay here. My butt's long fallen asleep, but I'm awake. I finger my beard and fantasize about being clean-shaven again and Beardy Zane one day reaching my belly button, alternatively. And, at this very moment, I w--

Photobucket

Ah!

A yawn.

OH MAH GOAD A YAWN.

I yawned! I finally yawned.

*sniff* Finally...

It's a new yawn, it's a new day, it's a ne--

Song Stuck
Eels - I Need Some Sleep


Beard Status:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment