Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beardblog #6

It's growing.

But not so much in length. It's tensile strength it's gaining!

I don't know what exactly is happening but it seems like The Beard is... hardening. Is it weaving itself into a basket-like shell? Is it secretly secreting and coating itself in Adamantium? Maybe what I'm actually growing are the fibers to a space age, Kevlar chin helmet.

Photobucket

Either way, I'm gonna have to give it a trim soon. I'm not shaving it! But these annoying little follicular stalactites have started drooping over my top lip, being super annoying in their "I'm here, y'all!"-ness.

Speaking of annoyance, we had our first seminar back from the break tonight.

Smooth. Right?

As per usual, I felt like I was getting the short end of the stick. And not in a good way. Is there a good way? When there's a short stick? Was that my point? No?

It just seemed like the group fixated on one detail out of my pages that we read. It was an easy fix and I kept trying to tell them I'd gotten it (which I'd happily had). But they kept returning to it and I was too taken aback to lead the room to further discussion.

Last term, I asked our "writing trainer", as he likes to call himself, why he thought it was that there appeared to be less conversation when it came to my script. "Have you thought it might be because you're coming along well?" he suggested. And I almost, kinda, believed it.

Now, I can't help but wonder (shut up Lockbird) is that what's going on or have I turned the others off with how aggressive I am in the discussion of their own scripts? Is it a case of grow up and shut up? Did I simply have a bout of hunger crankiness? Or was I justified in feeling slighted?

The Fatburger I had afterward suggests the answer's:

b) Whatever.

Pages Presented:
10

Ounces of Beef Consumed:
8

Songs Stuck:
Marina and the Diamonds - Mowgli's Road (The Knocks Remix)
Glee Cast - My Life Would Suck Without You
Florence and the Machine - Kiss With A Fist

No comments:

Post a Comment